New to the list

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:48:52 CEST 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 12:49 PM, Joe Crawford <joetainment at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. My name is Joe Crawford. I'm a big fan of Xfce, and am also a
> user interface designer.
>
> I've been involved in a few open source projects, and thought I might
> be able to benefit xfce. (Which I already think is doing phenomenally
> well)
>
> Primarily I've been involved with K3d, which used to have a very shaky
> user interface, but is now working out very well, though its still
> mostly incomplete and under heavy development.
>
> Whoever is in charge around here... you could contant Timothy Shead,
> the lead developer of k3d here, Who perhaps could indicate my
> usefullness in UI development.:
>
> tshead at k-3d.com
>
> http://k3d.sf.net    (about k3d!)
>
> I'm not a very good programmer, so I doubt I could be of any use
> coding much, but I am very good at evaluating interfaces from a end
> users perspective and developing recomendations to make things clearer
> and more intuitive. I am reasonably decent at python... but that's
> about it. C++ is pretty sketchy for me.

Hey Joe.

Please consider signing up and looking over the archives for the
Thunar-dev list. Thunar is the new file manager for Xfce 4.4, and has
been going through a rather intense UI design process, where Benedikt
has used python mockups of the UI for examples. While the core UI work
seems to have settled down, we'd appreciate another trained eye.

> Sincerely,
>
> Joe Crawford

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik