Minor Mailing List Proposal

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Apr 8 09:34:03 CEST 2005

*Ahem* I just read the weekly news, and realized I forgot to reply to this...

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:55:59PM -0400, Erik Harrison wrote:
> It's a little hard to figure out what lists to sign up for, and there
> are still occasional posts to dead lists. I suggest the following to
> lower the barrier to entry for new users.
>
> Eliminate the old Xfce-dev list, we do all work on Xfce4-dev already.
> Eliminate the advocacy list - that never really took off, everything
> is done here anyway.

Sounds good to me. Especially the duplication of xfce-dev and xfce4-dev makes
no sense.

> Once SVN is ready to take external projects, perhaps migrate the
> goodies list over too? We keep saying that directory.xfce.org is
> coming - perhaps that list could do double duty, since the people who
> care about one care about the other.

Hmm, yeah, there seems to be some overlap between these things. Merging
directory.xfce.org and goodies sounds reasonable. Any update on the directory
development?

We'll also have to implement authentication for goodies authors, before moving
anything.

On a similar note, Benedikt, is thunar going to move to Xfce svn?

> Then I would suggest that the mailing list page just go through a
> minor change so that it's
>
> Users list
> Release alerts list
>
> Developer list
> Xfc list
> Thunar list
> Goodies list
>
> Commits list
> Bugzilla list
>
> which I think nicely organizes the list, and makes it obvious to users
> where to get what they are looking for.

Sounds good to me.

> Just a thought!

Thanks!