IMPORTANT: broken pixmaps in svn

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Apr 5 13:19:06 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 12:44:10PM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>

>>Hmm, except that there are also icons in tags and branches, some of which I
>>may no longer have on my system.
>>
>>They can be retrieved from CVS of course, except that the CVS tree is not
>>accessible now, or is it?
>>

>Not to mention this is going to generate quite some traffic :( Not sure how
>everyone feels about it, but we could of course just keep a read-only CVS tree
>around with the old releases (a bit like xfce3 CVS) and just keep the trunk
>and all new tags and branches in svn. Converting just the trunks should not be
>too hard. Just thought I'd mention the possibility.

turns out that this is a documented BUG in svn2cvs, possibly a
workaround exists. The problem now is that XFCE_4_2_0 etc branches also
are all broken.

The only solution I see is to reconvert, all other options just increase
the chaos. I'm not 100% sure it will work but at least I can verify
quickly that it's ok.

Unfortunately I left my PC at home off, so I cannot start converting
until I get home... It's way too much work for espresso (1.5h at home
vs. 5-6h).

sofar