SVN MOVE COMPLETE

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Apr 5 00:46:50 CEST 2005

here's how to proceed:

0) browse around on the http tree (full read-only access) to look at the
layout:

    http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/xfce/

1) checkout your local tree only (not the entire tree yet as it is way
too big!):

(example)

    svn co svn+ssh://fourdan@svn.foo-projects.org/svn/xfce/xfmw4 xfwm4

2) check your tree out and notice .cvsignore files etc.. these can be
deleted safely, perhaps a good place to start with:

cd trunk
svn rm .cvsignore
svn status
svn ci
[type message]

etc.

3) check your branches and tags. Make sure they are named correclty etc.
Remove nonsense branches (somehow happens in some branches like xfwm4)

4) notify me of problems and adjustments needed in case you think it
would be best to automate problems. I can partially or even completely
re-import entire modules again. ALthough that's not the nicest thing
(you'd end up with twice the history, or I really have to nuke part of
the svn date) it is possible.

5) ??? (svn-commits needs to be tested, but is installed)

6) profit!

I'm off to bed now. Please browse and try out little things first, for
the simple reason that I can redo the exercise again NOW easily but not
if people start to use it massively and decide after a week that the
converting needs to be done again ;^). Also it looks bad if you break
the SVN repo on the first day. very bad ;^)

ciao!!!

sofar