SVN MOVE TIME!!! 14:00CET

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Apr 4 23:29:56 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Auke Kok wrote:
>
>> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

>>> Errr...  I've been working on xfmedia, and I've made commits to my
>>> CVS repo since you last asked for a snapshot.  Not sure what you
>>> want to do - I'd say just not import xfmedia into the new svn repo
>>> (or delete it if you already have), and I can import it myself later
>>> (or you can, whatever).
>>

>> I hope you don't mind losing the last 3 days of history: just
>> checkout the SVN trunk after I'm done (which has all your targs etc.)
>> and commit the changes you made since wednesday's snapshot. That will
>> save me and you the most time I think. just find . -type d -name CVS
>> -exec rm -rf {} \; and cp -av it over the SVN trunk/ ;^)
>

> My targs?  I was wondering where my nasty Klingon animals went...  I
> kinda *do* mind losing history; I'll have to see exactly what I
> changed to see how much will get lost and decide later.

targs -> typo -> tags

quote
    last three days
end quote

and not even your history: you will need to re-commit your changes.

if you want I can reimport your entire cvs later again... but three days
? I know you code a lot but three days of history summarized in one
commit doesn't seem like a big deal to me ... oh well I'm not you ;^)

Just checkout your svn trunk first and see if you want me to re-import
it later.

Auke