[Fwd: ubuntu hoary and right-click menu]

Daniel T.Chen crimsunkg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 01:58:21 CEST 2005

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan <at> xfce.org> writes:
> FYI. I confirm the problem.

Hi Oliver, Brian, Myles,

I'm one of the two fellows maintaining Ubuntu Hoary's Xfce packages (based on
the sources from Benny & os-works.com).  Since my other email address is having
problems subscribing to xfce4-dev, I'm using my Yahoo one.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for the xfdesktop4 issue.  Because we synced
from os-works.com, we got Xfld's version of the xfdesktop source, which
apparently has additional work on top of Xfce 4.2.1's.  The missing symbol is
really causing some forehead-scratching here, and I can't seem to nail the
problem.  The binaries from os-works.com work fine, but ours (built using sbuild
chroots, see
http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/x/xfdesktop/4.3.6.4-1ubuntu1/) indeed
exhibit the [...undefined symbol: quit].  It doesn't seem to be affected by
--disable-final, and rebuilding the entire dependency chain still exhibits the
same issue.

Since the 'xfce4' binary metapackage depends on xfce4-session, we might be able
to hack in something, but I'd rather preserve a clean solution.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

(As an aside, we'll change the default background for the next upload, Oliver.)

Thanks,
Daniel
MOTUXfce