[Fwd: ubuntu hoary and right-click menu]

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Mon Apr 4 01:13:43 CEST 2005

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:46:25 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Wait wait wait wait wait....
>
> In 4.2.1, I changed it so the menu module dlopen()s xfdesktop to find
> the quit() function, and still runs fine without it (just the quit
> menu entry doesn't work if there's b0rk).  So tell this dude to
> upgrade.

My About XFce now says version 4.2.1 - I can't recall, is it *supposed*
to be 4.2.1, or 4.2.1.1?

I was about to reply saying I was upgraded and I was running 4.2.1.1
packages from os-cillation.  Then I started seeing XFce packages coming
from the Ubuntu repositories so I commented out the os-cillation entry
and let the Ubuntu packages install. IIRC, not all the packages came
down the wire on the same day... there must be a bOrked package or a
missing package or...

It's amazing how confused a guy can get just because all of a sudden he
has to move his mouse a few inches instead of just right-clicking the
mouse for the menu.

signed "Confused in Calgary"

=)

--
Myles Green <rmg57 at telus dot net> Calgary AB Canada
Ubuntu Linux 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog"