XFDesktop Segfault

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 22:52:43 CEST 2004

Okay, I did this several times, always getting the same error. So I
sent the email. Then I said "God I'm stupid. I should get a
backtrace".

So I ran xfdesktop under GDB. I have made absolutely no changes since
I sent the previous email (except I possibly opened and close the MCS
dialog for xfdesktop). xfdesktop runs in gdb, and works fine, except
it spits out these errors

** (xfdesktop:12412): CRITICAL **: xfdesktop: Could not locate a
registered categories file

After running xfdesktop in gdb, I could run it outside of gdb with no
error at all.

I'm flumoxed.

-Erik

--