foo-projects.org

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 24 00:08:06 CEST 2004

foo-projects!  it's absolutely brilliant!  brilliant i tell you!

from an outside standpoint, i don't really see why it's necessary, but
if it makes admin tasks easier on you, by all means, you're the boss.

i'm a little confused though.  first you say:

> My intent is to provide everyone with a simple set of services (smtp,
> ssh etc) that I can describe with a single hostname (which won't be
> anything with lunar or xfce). That makes easier mail, dns configurations
> for me, but also for people using the servers to work on these projects.

but then later you seem to contradict yourself:

> my idea is also to make 'espreso.lunar-linux.org' the official DNS name
> of the host, as well as the MX for all projects, host ssh and
> imaps/pop3s etc (certificate name). This will be easier for developers
> as they only need to remember a single hostname in the future.

so what is it?  are you going to give us a single hostname that "won't
be anything with lunar or xfce," or are we going to use
espreso.lunar-linux.org?  (which, in case you didn't catch it, has the
word 'lunar' in it ^_~)  personally, it doesn't matter to me...  i've had
my imaps host set to lunar-linux.org for quite a while.

	-brian