xfwm4 cvs bug

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Thu Sep 23 14:45:49 CEST 2004

	Hi!

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> "** (xfwm4:1742): WARNING **: xfwm4: Missing data from default files"
>
> That's your problem. Update your CVS tree, rebuild and install.

	I've done. Now it is worse. No panel, no background !!! Root neither
have them!

	If I uninstall it and reinstall 5th august cvs, It works again!

> PS: There is absolutely no need to use strace to get that message, and
> it's unrelated to the user being used. My bet is that you have an
> install of xfce in /usr and another one in /usr/local, but the root user
> doesn't have /usr/local/bin in the PATH, that's why the root user is
> picking an older installation and the problem doesn't show.

	I don't think so. I've always compiled/installed xfce in /usr/local,
i.e. using the usual "./configure;make;make install".

	Non-root user and root has the same $PATH

	I've search several files in /usr and not found anyone. What files do I
have to search to know if there is some xfce installation in /usr?

cheers

Xavier