xfwm4 cvs bug

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Wed Sep 22 16:50:12 CEST 2004

	Hi:

Jens Luedicke wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Just to make sure, what do you mean with:
>
> If I copy the src/xfwm4 executable from 5th august cvs version to
> /usr/local/bin, it works.
>
> !?
>
> xfwm4 needs to be installed with make install, just to copy the binary
> isn't enough. Furthermore I can't confirm that non-root users can't
> run xfwm4. For me it works just fine.

	Of course I made 'make install'. Since the problem appears to be with
the WM (i.e. the xfwm4 program), I simply copy the 'xfwm4' executable
file to its usual location /usr/local/bin (where 'make install' copy the
executable to).

	I don't know where the problem come from (permisions on some files
xfwm4 read, or some kind of 'crash' of xfwm4 program), but when starting
xfce, only root is able to load 'xfwm4' program into memory.

cheers

Xavier