4.2 BETA?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 22 09:46:58 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> a slight digression that doesn't actually answer your question.  this
> type of thing is where bugzilla shines (if used properly).  you can
> create a set of flags and nominate bugs as blockers for a particular
> release or milestone.  i've never actually set it up, so i'd have to
> read through the docs, but it seems like a rather powerful system.
> this of course assumes that all the issues at hand are in bugzilla,
> rather than in the dev's head, or discussed on the ML, or something
> like that.  biju, since you're Release Man now, i just tossed some
> more bugzilla privs at you; if you want to mess with the flags system
> at some point, feel free.

last email, and then i'm going to bed (really, me, i promise!).  i added
a bugzilla flag called "blocking4.2".  flags have three states: "?",
"-", and "+".  normal users can set "?" if they'd like to request that a
bug get the particular flag.   a dev can change the flag to "+"
(confirm) or "-" (deny).  i'm not exactly sure who has permissions to
actually confirm or deny flags, so if you need such permission and don't
have it, give me a holler.

on a side note, can we _please_ have http://bugs.xfce.org/ aliased to
bugzilla's vhost before we do any kind of release?

    -brian