4.2 BETA?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 22 09:09:15 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:46:21AM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are the outstanding issues for 4.2-BETA? My general feeling is that
> we should release either 4.2.0pre1 (or 4.1.0) immediately with whatever
> state CVS HEAD is in now. That should be followed up with additional
> BETA releases every fortnight until we have a consensus that 4.2 is
> releaseable. Roughly, we should be targetting Oct 31 as a release date
> for 4.2.
>
> To achieve that, we should have a hard feature freeze starting now.
> Anything that is not in working condition in CVS HEAD should either be
> fixed immediately or removed. I don't think there's anything like that
> though ... CVS seems fairly solid to me.
>
> What is the feeling on this?

AFAIK there are no problems with the panel (except a memleak when
killing/restarting mcs manager, which I don't consider critical).

I'd like to use the 4.1.x notation for the beta releases. Actually, we always
have this problem with overall Xfce version on one hand and specific module
version on the other. Gnome solves this by adding a 4th number for the
specific modules, but I don't think I like that.

Any thoughts on that?

	Jasper