Panel memory leak?

Peeter Vois Peeter.Vois at proekspert.ee
Wed Sep 22 08:20:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

It was nice to read that CVS version does not have the problem anymore.
Currently I am more like user than developer, so I am using the
distributions. My version is XFCE-4.0.6 .

I would be happy to see some day that XFCE-4 will be fast enough for
130MHz 486 with 48M RAM. Currently XFCE-3 is the only choice because
XFCE-4 will take too much memory away.

Whatever way will be used to manage the memory, top will show how much
is taken away and this memory is not available for other apps anymore.
My point was not if the free() function is used correctly, my point was
that my system did not have anymore memory to open xterm and 300M for
panel is not what XFCE wants to achieve. So, memory leak is expected
clearly if panel does something like that. I did point that
trigger-launcher was the one that was in correlation with the problem,
so the panel's code might be all right.

Best Regards
Peeter

Olivier Fourdan kirjutas T, 21.09.2004 kell 23:21: