xffm, samba, cygwin

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Sep 21 13:31:11 CEST 2004

El lun, 20-09-2004 a las 23:51, Maarten Boekhold escribió:
> Hi Al, Eddscott,
>
> Preparing a bit before I start the work on porting xffm to cygwin... I
> have this suspicion that it's not very useful to include the samba
> support in xffm for cygwin. Is it possible/easy to exclude this from the
> xffm build? Or is this already handled automatically when samba isn't
> installed?

Yes and yes. The smb branch is a gmodule, so a configure option can be
set so it will not be compiled and no branch shown. If samba is not
installed, there is no problem either. Other programs xffm uses are
mount,umount (for fstab branch), cp, mv, tar, mkisofs. The only
indispensable ones are cp/mv. If these are not present in cygwin we can
always reuse the 4.0.x code which did not need cp/mv.

regards,

Edscott