Panel memory leak?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Sep 21 09:04:13 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 09:50:31AM +0300, Peeter Vois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today morning when I opened my desktop from screensaver, I noticed that
> panel was unable to start terminal. It told me that no memory. Then I
> switched to text console and did run top command. The panel was
> allocated over 300M memory. Yesterday I did play with the plugins and I
> did add to the panel a trigger launcher, but I did forget to configure
> it. Today I did need to restart the XFCE and the panel did take at the
> beginning 20M of memory (7M is shared). Is this amount normal?

20M is a bit much (with 7M shared), but normal, 300M definitely is a big
memleak :/

I know he fstab plugin used to have a leak in version 0.1 (IIRC), but can't
remember anything else.

I did find a memleak when repeatedly killing and restarting xfce-msc-manager
(still no idea why), but that seems to be unrelated.

	Jasper