bugzilla is set up (was: Re: Compositor status)

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 20 18:00:28 CEST 2004

Auke Kok wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>>
>>> I do think it is important to make the switch to bugzilla before the
>>> alpha release. Brian, Auke, any ETA on that?
>>
>> unfortunately, it's not going so smoothly.  there's a problem with
>> apache on espresso - it's not executing CGI's properly.  even a quick
>> 4-liner that runs fine on my box causes a 500 server error on
>> espresso.  the time difference between auke and me isn't helping
>> matters either.
>
> don't forget we set it up in your public_html and that might screw up
> things since it is already partially defined in the normal ~user
> permissions/options directory directive. Then we also have VHosts setup.
>
> BTW there *ARE* CGI's running correctly on espresso so don't assume
> directly that it's apache immediately (http://cvs.xfce.org/)
>
> I'll try to see if I can allocate a normal vhost instead of a userdir
> setup for it. did you populate the database already on espresso?

w00t!  sofar is awesome!  http://bugzilla.xfce.org/ is set up and
working.  everyone's account from the old system should still be active,
but you'll need to click on the login link, and enter your email address
in the box at the bottom.  it will send you a link via email so you can
reset your password (mantis and bugzilla hash your password differently).

could we redirect bugs.xfce.org to bugzilla.xfce.org so people don't put
stuff in the old database?  otherwise they'll get out of sync, and i'll
have to purge the new one and start over.

    -brian