Compositor status

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at
Sun Sep 19 18:36:36 CEST 2004

> >I would vote for an alpha release, some other devs would agree
> >probably :)
> >
> yes... i tend to think it's pretty important that we get an alpha out.  
> i don't see why the compositor can't wait until afterwards.  it can be 
> disabled by default until it's considered stable.

I would tend to agree. Just one thing, if it's not in the alpha, it
won't be in 4.2 and it should wait for xfce 4.4.

Anything that is not in the alpha/beta release cycle won't be in the
final 4.2 release.

Now, with more than a 1 year release cycle, it means that we won't get
the feature in xfce before mid 2006 and by that time, other DE will have
it for long.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at - - 

More information about the Xfce4-dev mailing list