bug tracker improvements

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 17 09:30:01 CEST 2004

Auke Kok wrote:

> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>> Auke Kok wrote:
>>

>>> that's possible, I believe jasper and olivier have the proper
>>> permissions to make it so
>>>

>> If that is the case, I haven't found the way to do it...
>

> click 'manage' -> 'manage projects' -> 'XFCE', you should get the list
> of categories and an 'add' link.
>
> I just added xfdesktop BTW
>
> about bugzilla: I remember trying to set it up and having increased
> blood pressure for about 3 hours, after which I blanked out and
> suddenly mantis was working somehow... I sure hope they have improved
> on that ;^)

hah, that's funny.  actually, i got the entire thing running in about
10mins.  of course, i already have a working apache and mysql, so i
didn't have to set that up.  the only problem is that i installed
2.18rc2, and the mantis->bugzilla script appears to only work with
2.16.  i was going to downgrade (since 2.16 is considered the stable
version, anyway), but bugzilla.org appears to be having issues.  so
it'll have to wait, unless someone can get me a tarball of
2.16.whateveristhelatest.  i figure i can migrate to 2.16, and then
presumably 2.18 has an upgrade script to update the database from
2.16->2.18.  good stuff.  either tomorrow or this weekend.

    -brian