[patch] cygwin, xfce4-panel

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Mon Sep 13 17:28:30 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Jasper, I see that you have already applied my previous patch to the
panel. Unfortunately I now have to give you an updated version of that
(cvs diff -u against HEAD of a few minutes ago).

This version essentially marks *all* non-static symbols in the panel as
G_MODULE_EXPORT. This was necessary as it was unclear which symbols
where used, and even though linking the plugins worked, they didn't
actually run correctly. With this patch, all plugins seem to work OK.

The patch adds a 'G_MODULE_EXPORT /* EXPORT:symbol_name */' on a
separate line in front of the symbol. A shell script (eg. new file,
attached) *generates* the panel.def file from the sources now. So the
previous panel.def could theoretically be removed from the CVS.

When I did a cvs update today I got a few merge conflicts, which I
manually fixed up. I hope that the version of the patch I'm sending out
now applies cleanly, I suspect it does.

I also have patches ready for:

gtk-xfce-engine-2.diff
libxfce4mcs.diff
libxfce4util.diff
libxfcegui4.diff
xfce-mcs-manager.diff
xfce-utils.diff
xfdesktop.diff
xfwm4.diff

xfcalendar now builds out-of-the box. The other patches are minor. I
don't know who the maintainers of those packages are, and I'd like to
hear from them whether I should post them at this time.

Thanks for everybody who sofar has looked at these patches, and
especially to those who have already applied them. I appreciate the
confidence you have in the quality of the patches :)

Maarten