cygwin/xfdesktop, g_module_symbol seems to fail

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Sun Sep 12 14:43:03 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm able now to let xfdesktop to load the (internal) xfce4_desktop_menu
library, but now I'm getting:

** (xfdesktop:1020): WARNING **: xfdesktop: Unable to initialise menu
module. Right-click menu will be unavailable.

This seems to be caused by g_module_symbol() failing in
common/desktop-menu-stub.c:_setup_functions()

I'm posting here on the off-chance that somebody has any pointers as to
*why* this could be happening.

Are there any debug flags I can set to get deeper into this? perhaps
something that has gmodule spit out lots of info? (_setup_functions
doesn't have any debug options...)

Maarten