Contributing

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Sep 10 15:31:24 CEST 2004

El jue, 09-09-2004 a las 16:42, Jean-François Wauthy escribió:
> Le lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 14:04 -0300, Mario Carugno a écrit :
> > Hi there ! I'm new to xfce and i like it a lot.
> >
> > I want to cotribute in some way, i'm a C programmer. But if have only
> > a 56k modem, can i still help ?
> >
> right now we are in (temporaly suspended) feature freeze but there is
> many ways to contribute, it depends what you want to do : plugin for
> panel (eg : support for imap, pop3s, imaps in the mail plugin), patch
> fixing a bug, ...
>
> > Is factible to help using cvs with a modem ?
>
> i don't think so, my local cvs tree takes 161Mo, but you can post
> patches to this ML

I was using a modem at home, and still am during for the weekend when I
am away.  So yes, it is possible and currently being done. When you do
initial checkout (not very often), come back in a couple of hours. For
later updates/commits, make sure you "make distclean" before and things
will proceed quite fast.

regards,

Edscott