Supporting Base Dir Spec

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 9 21:57:15 CEST 2004

040909 edscott wrote:
> What are the good reasons to wait until 4.4
> -- circa 2006 at current release rate -- to adopt the XDG basedir spec?
> I can see any good reason to wait as a good reason to postpone indefinitely.
> [x] XDG basedir spec for 4.2
> [ ] XDG basedir spec for 4.4

</spectate>

my vote :

[x] XDG basedir spec for 4.2
[ ] XDG basedir spec for 4.4

i really don't like hidden dirs/files at all
& wish they were all in standard  .../etc/...  subdirs,
but at least this is a step in the right direction
& retains Xfce's long-standing position as desktop leader.

<spectate>

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca