Supporting Base Dir Spec

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Sep 9 15:24:18 CEST 2004

El jue, 09-09-2004 a las 07:32, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> >>Ah, right. I can't remember. If that's the case, some modules must be
> >>changed to use the old locations, I think.
> >

> > yeah, xfce4-session is using ~/.config and ~/.cache, and xfdesktop is using
> > ~/.cache for the menu cache.  pretty trivial to change xfdesktop, dunno about
> > the session manager (/me pokes benny).
>
> Ehm, do you want me to change xfce4-session to not use XDG basedir spec,
> or do I miss your point here?

What are the good reasons to wait until 4.4 (circa 2006 at current
release rate) to adopt the XDG basedir spec?

Possibilities:
1- We are waiting to see whether XDG  basedir spec is adopted by
gnome/kde?

2- The recent CVS code thaw does not apply to XDG basedir spec?

3- The XDG basedir spec is unnecessarily complicated?

4- We really do not want to use XDG basedir spec?

5- None of the above?

Please, someone, enlighten me.

In any case, I can see any good reason to wait as a good reason to
postpone indefinitely...

FTR,

[x] XDG basedir spec for 4.2
[ ] XDG basedir spec for 4.4