Supporting Base Dir Spec

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Sep 9 15:31:59 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 02:32:10PM +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> >>Ah, right. I can't remember. If that's the case, some modules must be
> >>changed to use the old locations, I think.
> >

> >yeah, xfce4-session is using ~/.config and ~/.cache, and xfdesktop is using
> >~/.cache for the menu cache.  pretty trivial to change xfdesktop, dunno
> >about
> >the session manager (/me pokes benny).
>
> Ehm, do you want me to change xfce4-session to not use XDG basedir spec,
> or do I miss your point here?

I believe that was the idea.

However...

if Olivier can write a compositor for xfwm4 in two weeks, we for sure should
be able to use the new locations in all modules, right? ;-)

I mean this isn't exactly rocket science...

Olivier, do you have any objections to me trying to get this done now? I don't
really mind, but it's just something I'd like to have.

	Jasper