XfceIconTheme fixes

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Sep 6 15:57:57 CEST 2004

El sáb, 04-09-2004 a las 00:43, Brian J. Tarricone escribió:
> hey all-
>
> jasper and i had some discussions about how to fix the XfceIconTheme
> crashes, and the "best" way seems to be to change quite a bit about how
> it works internally.  so that's done, and needs testing.  i don't have
> the original version, so i can't make a diff, so i've attached a gzipped
> version of the file.  stick it in xfce4/libxfcegui4/libxfcegui4/ and
> recompile (might want to back up the old file first).  after CVS is up
> i'll commit it, but i'd like to get it out so people can test it (and be
> happy that the panel stops crashing).

I haven't had any crashes with xffm with the version you committed
before the server move. But I did notice something weird: if I select
the Crux theme, the icons in the Crux theme take preference over those
of the gnome theme (I believe this is the way the inheritance is
supposed to work). OTH, if I choose any other theme which inherits from
gnome, like Sandy, none of the Sandy icons are generated: everything is
from gnome. I think it might have to do with the order in which the
directory is read.  All this might have changed with your latest
changes, so I'll continue testing.

Regards,

Edscott