keythemerc problem

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 02:26:23 CEST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:48:33 +1100, Benjamin Rich
<benjamin.rich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, had:
> .themes/default/xfwm4/
> and
> .themes/Default/xfwm4/keythemerc (my bindings)
>
> del'd 'default', moved 'Default' to 'benxor', now it shows up in the
> list for editing along with 'Default' and 'Xfce-bold'. Problem
> half-solved.
>
> While I'm at it I also had a small feature request =P  Could the
> number of custom keybindings be increased from 10 to 20, or more? Keys
> for operating, say, a music player take up about 5 bindings alone
> (next song, last song, stop, pause, unpause, etc) so I have trouble
> fitting them all in to only 10.

This has been requested in the past. Really, xfwm4 has the keybindings
in order to manage itself, and as the global location for standard
Xfce keyboard shortcuts. It's really not the place for generic
keyboard shortcuts, and this is why it's been turned down in the past.

I have some code for providing a complete keybinding solution for
Xfce, but it has been sitting for quite a while. I think a few others
have taken a stab at it. I might try to get it together and submit it
for inclusion after 4.2 is released.

-Erik