avoid background management

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Oct 26 13:30:58 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 01:13:20PM +0200, angel bosch wrote:
> i cant believe this is the only way to do it!

It is.

> isn't there any hidden-tweaky-rare option to disable this?

No.

There are things you can do to manipulate the xfdesktop background. You
can create an image list and have a script call xfdesktop at a certain
interval. That will give you a randomly changing background.

Or you can copy an image to e.g. ~/current_background.png, choose that as
background and then have a script copy different files to
~/current_background.png and run xfdesktop to refresh.

	Jasper