Warm up for 4.2 beta2

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Oct 23 17:42:47 CEST 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 15:29 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>>BETA1 was a bit chaotic IMHO. I guess it was mainly because it came too
>>quickly. Therefore I don't think it is wise to repeat the same mistake
>>with BETA2. How about: We agree on BETA2 for the upcoming weekend
>>(20041030 is beta2 day), so everybody has time to check bugzilla
>>entries, check make dist, maarten can check cygwin port, Olivier can
>>prepare RPMs, I can prepare the installer and the debian packages, the
>>advocacy team can prepare the announcements and release notes, ... or to
>>sum up: lets do it right this time. :-) So what do ya think?
>
> I think it's still a beta, and beta was not that chaotic.

Well, that was my impression of beta1.

> It's not yet a
> release candidate. I think we should do it this week end (and I'll
> probably not be available next weekend)

Ok, so we have a valid reason to release this weekend. Anyways, we
should plan the beta2 a bit, IMHO. Can everybody agree, that we create
RPMs/DEBs/installer/tarballs of whats currently tagged, prepare release
notes and announcements on xfce-advocacy today and get it out tomorrow
evening, lets say around 18h CEST (no other announcements first, please,
neither gnomefiles nor freshmeat nor anything else)?

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

regards,
Benedikt