Rodent and png icons

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 22 23:49:39 CEST 2004

On 10/17/04 14:07, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El dom, 17-10-2004 a las 12:31, Francois Le Clainche escribi?:
> > Le samedi 16 octobre 2004 ? 19:30, edscott wilson garcia a ?crit:
> >
> > > Works under all circumstances I can think of (you have to update the
> > > Rodent theme to test, because many icon sizes were found to be broken).
> > > I commited the fix (in three steps), I hope you don't mind, see patch
> > > below.
> >
> > hm... re.
> >
> > I know that old index.theme was a bit broken. But now Nautilus crashes
> > on me :
> >
> > (nautilus:10428): librsvg-WARNING **: rsvg_start_svg: width and height
> > not specified in the SVG, nor supplied by the size callback
> > nautilus: art_render_gradient.c:337:
> > art_render_gradient_linear_render_8:  l'assertion ? (stops[ix-1].offset
> > <= offset_fraction + 1e-6) || ((stops[ix].offset > (1.0 - 1e-6)) &&
> > (offset_fraction < 1e-6 )) ? a ?chou?.
> >
> > Works fine if I use the old Rodent index.theme.
> >
> > Dunno why.
>
> Don't know why either, but my guess is that there is inconsistent
> behaviour with respect to index.theme. xfce-icontheme regards svg icons
> to have a -1 size. Fixing index.theme to reflect this seems to be ok
> with xfce-icontheme, but not for the gnome way. I'm now commiting svg
> sizes back to 128. Either the size field for png and svg does not mean
> the same thing, or this is a hack we must keep an eye open on.

please revert.  this report above is a libart_lgpl bug (actually, it seems
the SVG file itself is malformed, but libart is stupidly crashing on
it), which i've reported to gnome bugzilla (but they haven't commented on
it).  XfceIconTheme considering SVG icons to have -1 size has nothing to
do with this.  it just uses -1 as a sort of "magic" value to know that it's
an SVG icon and can be scaled to any size without image degradation.  i'm
probably going to have time to look at XfceIconTheme this weekend and make
the changes and fixes we've been knocking back and forth the past couple
weeks. (sorry about the delay, but i've had a friend visiting since
tuesday.)

	-brian