wrap workspace feature oddities

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Thu Oct 21 23:54:18 CEST 2004

Hi Olivier,

thanks very much for all your replies, but unfortunately non of them
solves what I experience here ;-(
My panel is set horizontally, so trying to move a window left and right
should be fine I guess. I just tried again,
that means I activated the feature via the settings manager. But as
before the wrapping works only once. I know
that sounds odd, but I can only drag, let's say, an xterm only once to
the right desktop. There it appears, all is fine.
Now, if I try to move it further (or back to the original desktop), that
won't work, even if I move the pointer slightly
up and down. The threshold is at the default value, not too high definitely.
When I launch another xterm, the wrapping occasionally works again, but
not for every freshly launched window.

Oh, wait a second, I just recognized something. All freshly created
window, regardless on which desktop it where
created (I have 6), after wrapping it to the right workspace, they all
reappear on workspace 1! I got a dozen xterms
on 1 now, but moved them from ws 3,5,.. whatever. And from ws 1, the
xterms cannot be moved further on.
Is that behaviour intended?

Cheers,  Nick

PS: What do you say to the panels abnormal unhiding behaviour?

Nikolas Arend
Straubinger Str. 13
D-80687 Muenchen

Tel: +49-89-36100584