Xinerama and Compose, Screen Placement Issues, other small things...

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 20 20:04:54 CEST 2004

On 10/20/04 08:19, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Ok guys,
>
> please cool down a bit. No-one's trying to stone-wall anyone, and Rob's
> questions are legitimate.

rob, i'm sorry for coming on a bit strong.  it's just that i don't react
well when people repeatedly question existing behavior when they don't
really understand the issues involved.  to some extent, that's fine: i
can't expect everyone to have the same amount of know-how with regards
to this stuff.  but i appreciate it when people admit that lack of
understanding, and ask for education, rather than blindly insisting that
their way is somehow more valid.

rob, it's clear that you're a newcomer here (or a long-silent lurker).  in
that case, it's expected that you defer to a dev's judgement.  if you want
to ask pointed, insightful questions, that's fine, but repeatedly asking
"why?" while continually pushing your idea is not the way to make friends
here.

as jasper said, your questions are indeed legitimate, but the way you
asked them was not.  if we were xyz corporation's paid tech support line,
that wouldn't matter, but we're not, and it matters here.  if you'd like
to debate this further with me, that's fine, but please take it off-list.

	-brian