Xinerama and Compose, Screen Placement Issues, other small things...

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Oct 19 23:51:52 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 16:08 -0400, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:42:15 +0200, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > We do use those.
>
> Ya, but why? It seems to me that it's just asking for trouble, there's
> other programs that might use the directorys as well, and you already
> are using ~/.xfce4, so why not shove it all in there and be safe?

That's the standard... We may not like it, we may disagree, but it's the
way it is.

> > We do run what's in ~/Desktop/autostart/
>
> Hrm. Okay, I'll likly submit a patch to use .xfce4/autostart as well
> if there's no other reason against doing it.

I really see no reason for using .xfce4/autostart, sorry; I see no need
for a patch for that.

> Yes, I am postive I am, I could take another screen shot saying that
> it's 4.1.90 if you want. I can't enable the Composite extension as I
> said above, and if I was running 4.0.x, how would I even know that I
> have to deal with xinitrc in two places? (~/.xfce4/xinitrc and
> ~/.config/xinitrc)

No offense intended, your screenshot shows the default 4.0 theme and
doesn't show any sign of the compositing manager, that's why I'm
checking. BTW the compositing manager is optional and disabled by
default even in 4.2.

> > PS: I think you should really post this on xfce at xfce.org aimed at user
> > question, rather than xfce4-dev at xfce.org which is supposed to be
> > dedicated to the developpment of Xfce...
>
> Hrm, I'm sorry, the idea was to find out some stuff and maybe write
> patches if I could, I'm sorry to waste your time then if that's not
> what this list is for.

My time has nothing to do with that, I'm just trying to keep the devel
list on topic. If you think your post is aimed at the devel list, then
fine.

Cheers,
Olivier.