Rodent and png icons

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 17 19:07:07 CEST 2004

Le dimanche 17 octobre 2004 à 02:20, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit:

> edscott,
>
> after updating my libxfcegui4, xfdesktop can't find a bunch of icons
> that it used to be able to find.  please either fix the XfceIconTheme
> changes you made, or revert them.
>
> thanks,
> brian

Hi,

Afaics, the icons which disappeared from the menu are icons which exist
in PNG format but are missing in SVG format, ie, concerning Xfce
components :

File manager settings, mixer settings, panel settings, settings manager,
splashscreen settings : these components only provide png version of
their icon

Window manager settings, Workspaces settings : xfwm4 installs the SVG
version of its icons in the hicolor/48x48 subdir instead of the
hicolor/scalable dir

Shouldn't .png icons be used instead in this situation ?

Cheers
François
--
Francois Le Clainche - PGP key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/files/gnupg.txt