Rodent and png icons

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sat Oct 16 15:30:03 CEST 2004

El vie, 15-10-2004 a las 21:52, Brian J. Tarricone escribió:
> edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> >>done.  let me know if it's broken... or fix it yourself ^_~.
> >>

> >I tweaked it just a bit, so that svg icons can be used as a backup if
> >png icon is not available when:
> >xfce_icon_theme_set_use_svg(icon_theme,FALSE);
> >since the idea is to speed up rendering of large icon sets, not limit
> >the rendering ability.
> >
> >I hope this is OK with you. If not, it can be reverted and I can get the
> >same result by installing the Rodent svg icons into a separate directory
> >from the png icons (although I'd rather not).
> >

> hmm, i'm not sure i like that all that much.  that confuses the API a
> bit, as it doesn't _really_ do what it says it does.  either you want
> SVG or you don't; i don't think there should be an in-between.

Yes, the tweak confuses the API, I wasn't too happy either. I'll revert
the proposed tweak... Reverted.

There is a much better way, not a tweak but a fix:  if the requested
icon size matches the size of a png icon, the png icon should be
unconditionally preferred. There is no reason to scale an image that is
*already* to scale, right?

regards,

Edscott