is Xfce getting too bloated ?

Robert Klein RoKlein at roklein.de
Thu Oct 14 21:59:04 CEST 2004

purslow at sympatico.ca schrieb:

> also, the Xfce session-manager is unpredictable about what it starts:
> sometimes it doesn't start Konqueror, sometimes not Mutt (only a 3rd Konsole).
> i don't know whether this would also happen with KDE if i used it often.
> both correctly started all applications in the test above.

mmm, I've seen this too: Sometimes after startup an application I start
from the panel (especially kmail and opera) doesn't really start. It
would be nice, if this could be fixed before 4.2 (my personal wishlist..)

About those startup times, can I tell xfce not to start the knotify
stuff?  I think it got saved from xfce-session...  mmmm, let me rephrase
this: I used "save session" a few times, but now I'm not saving the
session anymore and I'd like to go back to "use (a) standard session"..
Is there some documentation available how I can achieve this?  If so,
would you kindly point me to it?

Best regards,
Robert