Some 4.1.90 usability thoughts

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at gmx.net
Thu Oct 14 08:35:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.10.2004, 23:14 +0000 schrieb Tobias Kieslich:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:19:25 +0000
> Jeff Franks <jcf at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I've been using 4.1.90 on Fedora FC3 test 2 for a few weeks and I have
> > a few usability thoughts that might be worth considering, at some
> > stage.
>
> I just like to add, that it's is possible now to run multiple instances
> of the xfce4-mixer. I just didn't find anything about, especially not if
> this is a desired behaviour now. I liked the old version of
> automatically closing another mixer instance on another desktop when a
> new one was opened. Is it a bug or a feature?

Hehehe... this is because the big mixer window is a separate app now
(and the panel plugin is not part of it).

And it has been said to me I 'don't need to' implement what I think is
basic for usability, that is, tracking, if the executable still runs
and, if so, just ignore the second click.

Also, we don't have that kind of function (to spawn an app and
asynchronously track when its closed - read: emit a gtk signal to the
spawner when it is) in xfce yet.

So it ended up like that :) sorry

cheers,
   Danny