4.2 QA : Xffm button buglet

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:39:21 CEST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:45:33 -0500, edscott wilson garcia
<edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> El lun, 11-10-2004 a las 16:35, purslow at sympatico.ca escribió:
> > great work etc, but in the file manager as it defaults for me,
> > there are  2  print buttons on the screen: is this intended ?
>
> Yes. The side bar is dynamic, so it shouldn't stay that way for long.
> The tool bar as well. So it is possible to have a duplicated button (but
> not always). To make the sidebar go away, click on it with button 3

A discovery I made the other day - right clicking to dismiss the
sidebar only works if the buttons are active. Relaunching xffm with a
wiped config, I tried to dispose of the sidebar. I had to select a
file to activate the buttons, then right click

-Erik

> make a sidebar appear (at least six possible sidebars, more if
> ./configure --enable-panel), click with button-3 on any active toolbar
> button that has a tiny blob (that supposed to be an arrow) on the lower
> right hand corner. You can also access the buttons that would appear in
> the sidebar by clicking the toolbar with button-1 and not releasing.
> Activate and change by selecting and releasing button-1. If you hold
> down CTRL while releasing, you will change the top button but not
> activate signal.
>
> My explanation might be confusing, but the way the toolbar/sidebar works
> is really quite simple. Play around with it and you will see.
>
> regards,
>
> Edscott

-Erik