Version requirements/dependencies changed in 4.2 compared to 4.0 ?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Oct 8 19:02:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 18:10 +0300, Juha Kautto wrote:
> but apprently it is now not quite up to date ?
>
> For example:
> 1) the new compositor works only with Xorg 6.8

The compositor is optional and off by default.Xorg 6.8 is by no mean a
requirement...

> 2) librsvg 2.2.3 gives warnings (a lot of them):"Extra content at the
> end of the document" for all svg files. My .xsession-errors grows 20+
> lines everytime I start panel for example:
> ** Message: xfce4-panel: restarting /usr/local/xfce4/bin/xfce4-panel ...
> Extra content at the end of the document
> Extra content at the end of the document
> Extra content at the end of the document

The librsvg lib does generate those, and that's not a requirement
either. Any gtk application that uses SVG icons will show these.

> 3) xfcalendar is not capable of making Monday the first day of week
> This works with gtk 2.4 but not with my GTK+-2.2.1.

It's set by the locale, but gtk 2.2 doesn't use it. I would hardly put a
requirement on gtk 2.4 just for that...

Cheers,
Olivier.