Version requirements/dependencies changed in 4.2 compared to 4.0 ?

Juha Kautto kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Fri Oct 8 17:10:02 CEST 2004

Hi !

This is the only place that I have found which lists Xfce requirements:
http://xfce.org/index.php?page=overview&lang=en

but apprently it is now not quite up to date ?

For example:
1) the new compositor works only with Xorg 6.8

2) librsvg 2.2.3 gives warnings (a lot of them):"Extra content at the
end of the document" for all svg files. My .xsession-errors grows 20+
lines everytime I start panel for example:
** Message: xfce4-panel: restarting /usr/local/xfce4/bin/xfce4-panel ...
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document

$ rsvg --version
rsvg version 2.2.3

$ rsvg /usr/local/xfce4/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/xfcalendar.svg
jk.png
Extra content at the end of the document
but when I tested with
$ ./rsvg --version
rsvg version 2.8.1

all warnings vanished, so probably 2.2.3 is not recent enough ?

3) xfcalendar is not capable of making Monday the first day of week
This works with gtk 2.4 but not with my GTK+-2.2.1.

So it could be a good idea to review and update the dependencies and
requirement section before releasing prod 4.2.

/Juha