Xfce 4.2 : user's comments

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 7 16:11:11 CEST 2004

On Thu, October 7, 2004 3:39 pm, purslow at sympatico.ca said:
> i've now been using 4.2 for  > 1 day  & have had no problems.
> there are a few small things developers mt like to hear re.
>
> (1) session management: in the session i asked to save,
> i had Lynx & Mutt running, one in an Xterm, the other in Konsole.
> when i restarted, neither was running, but there was an extra Konsole
> on a desktop where there had been no terminal in the previous session.
> no compliant (of course), but it wb nice if the session manager cd start
> applications running on terminals, not just the raw terminals
> (AFAIR KDE also falls short on this point).

that's impossible to do... if you would attempt to do this you would be
able to restore a terminal with for instance a rogue process attached to
it or something garbage. Best not to step in this direction at all.

However, if supported, the terminal should be restored.

AFAIK terminals which are started with directly a command in it (like from
a launcher that launches lynx in a terminal) already are restored nicely
(at least, this was the case before in 4.1-cvs... I had several `ssh
loghost tail -f /var/log/messages` running around that restored nicely on
startup.

sofar