how to use 4.0.6 & 4.2.0 simultaneously

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:17:43 CEST 2004

IMHO, since there is an installer, and the installer is not
overwriting the installed XFCE, *and* 4.0 and 4.2 won't coexist, this
should be considered a real problem (for the installer, not for XFCE
per se).

If 4.0 and 4.2 are not supposed to coexist, then the installer should
somehow upgrade the current XFCE. Or, if this is too dangerous, it
should at least detect the situation and warn the person running the
installer and refuse the installation.

Otherwise, we should just drop the installer for now, to prevent users
from having an expectation of something that's not officially
supported.

Just my $0.02

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:58:48 -0400, purslow at sympatico.ca