Xfce 4.2.beta 1 released

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:11:06 CEST 2004

I've always heard of issues having side by side installations with
Xfce, so I assumed that it was an upgrade tool.

Yes /usr/local is generally the most sane, but Slackware puts all
packages installed with with the base system in /usr, so if you wanna
upgrade . . .

-Erik

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:02:02 +0200, Benedikt Meurer
<benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Erik Harrison wrote:
> > I'm running the graphical installer right now - very slick.
>
> Thanks, good to hear that.
>
> > I was
> > wondering, it currently detects my Xfce installation, but it defaults
> > to /usr/local for my install prefix. Could it, in the future, default
> > to the location of the current installation?
>
> Well, the primary intend for the installer for now was to allow users to
> install 4.1 besides 4.0, so it wouldn't be a good idea to overwrite the
> 4.0 install by default. :-)
>
> Besides that, /usr/local is the most sane default location IMHO.
>
> > -Erik
>
> regards,
>

> Benedikt

-Erik