Hinting settings and Firefox

Richard Stellingwerff remenic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:41:58 CET 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:25:13 -0600, Marc Schwartz
<mschwartz at medanalytics.com> wrote:
> Which Linux distro and where did you get Firefox from?

Gentoo Linux, I compiled Firefox from the source ebuild.

> GNOME integration does not work properly with Fedora Core 3. Users of
> Fedora Core 3 will need to download and install linc-1.0.3-3.1.i386.rpm.
> After installing the RPM, perform the following command in the directory
> you installed Firefox into (you will need write permission):
>
> touch .autoreg

I seem to have the latest linc installed, and I created .autoreg in
/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/ but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I will try to find a solution with the information you have given me
so far. If I figure it out, I'll report it here.

Kind regards,
Richard Stellingwerff.