RC1 : session management still not there

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 18 10:30:38 CET 2004

041118 Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 02:57:17AM -0500, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
>> 041117 Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>> session-manager-less setups aren't really supported anymore.
>> that's rather serious in light of problems (1-3), isn't it ?
>> it's about the same time & less work for me to restart everything by hand.
> Well, it's not as bad as Brian made it sound.
> If you uninstall the session manager, Xfce will run fine without it.

yes, of course: sorry for forgetting how modular Xfce4 is.

> And you can edit  ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc  to not run the session manager.

which is in fact what i've done.

anyway, this horse -- not yet a thoroughbred (smile) --
needs no more flogging at least till 4.4 ,
by which time hopefully its hardworking trainer will have won the race.

i can't say "thanx" because i'm not using it, but do be encouraged:
the SM will be well worth the effort when it's working properly.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca