xfdesktop and xftaskbar issues

eGore egore at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 10:03:56 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm currently running xfce 4.1.91 and might have found a bug (but since
I'm not sure, I'm asking here first).

I wanted to use nautilus as desktop, so I started it with "nautilus -n".
Everything looks good and I decieded to use the desktop icon to enter my
personal folder. Everytime I do so, xftaskbar and xfdesktop are killed.
This is indicated by the disappearance itself and this
in .xession-errors
"The application 'xfdesktop' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application."

I have no idea what is causing that "incompatiblity", maybe someone can
get me a hint on what is wrong.

Next to that: Can someone please tell me, where the session of the
session manager are stored? I have a broken default session, so I had to
remove the session manager from my system so continue using it. It would
be nice if that could be added to the FAQ.

Thanks in advance,
  Christoph