RC1 compile/link error

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 15 07:18:40 CET 2004

pursuing my own investigations outlined in my previous messages,
i followed BT's brief advice, created a dir  /usr/lib/xfce406
& then in  /usr/lib  did 'mv libxf* xfce406'.  now the linker fails with:

  libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libxfce4util.la'

so the problem is that it's looking in the wrong place,
not that it's finding the wrong item,
which tends to confirm my suggestion in my previous message,
ie that there are  3 lines  missing in the Makefile.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca