Visted link color in documentation is hard to discern

Jeff Franks jcf at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 14 14:56:07 CET 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Jeff Franks wrote:
>

>> I sent this in HTML so you can see what I mean. Is it possible to
>> consider another a:visited link color or indentifcation (? #003366
>> plus an _underline_). The link text is supposed to look sufficiently
>> different from the surrounding text to easily identify it as
>> something special, and it should be easy on the eyes.
>>

> Sure. Do you have a suggestion? I do like non-underlined links,
> personally.
>
> I thought about keeping the visited color the same as the non-visited
> link, because, as we all know, people will visit every link of the
> documentation anyway ;-) But perhaps that's not the best solution.
>
> I chose the all-blue colorscheme to match better with the web-site.

**I like the all blue color scheme too. I don't like most visited link
colors because they tend to constrast rather than match the page color
scheme. I think making *a:link* and *a:visited* the same color seems
like a good compromize. I don't like underlines either but the extra
visual cue it would give the light _*hover color*_ would make the hover
link stand out more. When your not hovering there would be no underline.

Jeff