A little shadow patch ...

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Nov 11 23:43:06 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 23:18 +0100, Nikolas Arend wrote:
> But since a declared goal of xfce is to
> be a choice for a broader audience (please correct my if I'm wrong),

Oh, yeah you are wrong. Adding every option that comes to mind is
definitely not the goal of this 8 year old project. The goal is to
implement a desktop that is lighter, faster and better.

> that configuration policy, especially when there a volunteers willing to
> send patches.

It's always a good idea to ask before coding. But still, this patch is
not going mainstream, that doesn't mean that it is useless for
everybody.

And why on earth should I accept every single patch that comes around
for the simple reason that someone was kind enough to code?

Cheers,
Olivier.