About transparency

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sun Nov 7 15:39:01 CET 2004

El dom, 07-11-2004 a las 04:21, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> Hey all,
>
> I just enabled transparency in the iconbox, so it acts the same way as
> the panel. That seems to work very nicely. For me ;-)
>
> However, I still worry a bit about it. Should there be a way to turn off
> transparency? I can think of several things:
>
> 1) Do nothing. If composite is enabled, you get transparency, no
> questions asked.
>
> 2) Add configure option --disable-transparancy. Should be fairly easy to do.
>
> 3) Add run-time option --disable-transparancy. Probably about the same
> amount of work as 2).
>
> 4) Add a hidded config file ~/.config/xfce4/transparency:
>     panel=on
>     iconbox=off
>
> What do you think?
1 []
2 []
3 []
4 [x]

BTW, if the amount of transparency could be set with a gui slidebar, it
would be perfect for me. The current level of transparency is too opaque
for my taste. Moving the slidebar to a full opacity would be equivalent
to "=off". This of course, is out of the question for 4.2...

regards,

Edscott